Tuesday, October 17, 2023

Fall retreat

 Every October, I get to go to a retreat at a college.  No classes, just living in a dorm with a great big sewing room for the 18 of us. Inspiration galore, jokes and laughing and concentrated sewing time from Thursday to Sunday.  The best!  

I packed way too many projects (Of course). And some took more time than I had anticipated. Yes, it happens. 

But here are the things I was able to complete:  It feels so good to get things done. 

1)  This is the Sewcialites 2 I have been working on for a year.  The blocks were one per week on Fat Quarter Shop from fall to April. My blocks are 9 inches each giving the entire quilt 100 inches square. In other words big! And the missing block is already set in.  These are obviously Christmas colors with lots of different prints. And I will use a scrappy binding after quilting. 


2)  I completed the setting for my gnome blocks which I made last winter in January and February. 
The original patterns were designed as redwork which I made as applique with lots of embroidery purchased from Etsy. Each gnome is 5 by 7 inches to give you and indication of size. 


3)  Lastly, I made 2 trick or treat bags for my grandkids. This was a panel I saw online and had to have.  Each is lined with black fusible interfacing.


Another project is on hiatus as I needed to order more fabric. Frustrating, but it will be SOOO cool when done. 

Other projects I took note of from my friends.:








4 comments:

  1. It looks like you had some major accomplishments at your retreat. It's always fun to see what everyone else of working on. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those dragon flies in that wall hanging and was reminded that I have a pattern similar in my pattern box somewhere bought years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Sewcialites quilt looks wonderful in the Christmas fabrics. Great choice!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were very productive at your retreat! I just love your Christmas quilt. Blogger won't let me post a comment under my name. Ramona

    ReplyDelete