Friday, March 29, 2024

Quilt Show!

 My guild does a quilt show yearly.  And even before I became a member, I always admired the wonderful judged quilts on display, many from states nearby: Illinois, Iowa and Minnesota. Plus I always enjoyed the luncheon which traditionally was a sloppy joe. Now there is a new caterer with even more lunch selections. And of course, there are about 25 vendors, along with the bargain bin and used book and magazine table.  Such a worthwhile visit! 

I still love it, and had the pleasure of seeing the quilts as they were hung, during the show, and then when they were taken down. 

I thought I would show you some of my favorites. 

Best of Show


Best Machine workmanship


Close up of one celtic design of which there were many in both of those quilts.
They were both 

Amazing details in this one. 


Sew darn cute: Bears in space


Loved the colors of this one; the aqua sets it off beautifully.


Great design pineapples and log cabins, plus applique.  


This one was drawn and designed by a good friend.  The  scales are dimensional, and the colors are amazing.  


I got to see these up close as I helped to hang half of them. Plus I toured the show as I worked it and then helped take them down.  Over 150 quilts.  Busy weekend. 





1 comment: