Wednesday, March 20, 2024

Whirly gig it is!

 I am excited to join another blog hop.  This time the theme is Give it a Whirl.  Oh what fun to check out lots of patterns and ideas.  I knew I wanted something springy and had collected fabrics last year for such a project and they were still sitting there waiting for me. 


Carol at Just let Me Quilt is sponsoring this hop and I hope you find fun and wonderful ideas.


But what design to choose?   Half square triangles, dresden plates, dear me.  Opportunities were endless. 

But then I ran across this pattern from Anka's Treasures whom I have followed for decades before Heather Mulder Peterson was married or had kids.  She now designs fabrics as well. And her colors are so pretty. 


I modified the size of the pieces making four flowers.  It has been fun!

I selected spring colors to get me in my mood for spring. 


40" by 42"  ( I will probably add a white border.)

Happy whirly spring.  I thought the flowers looked like windmills.  

Heart Blossoms pattern can be found here ( Missouri Star Quilt Company).
I also found it on etsy if you are interested.


Don't forget to check the other bloggers who are whirling!







23 comments:

  1. Love your whirly spring flowers!! They are so pretty! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute and fun quilt. Your whirly gigs look so good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely spinning into sppring with this sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful quilt! I like your spring color choices! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a perfect quilt for spring! I love those flowers. Such a happy quilt and I am so ready for some happy weather. LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilt, love the flowers! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that is a cute springtime quilt - would look good on your table!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good job. I love it, and I love the fabric you have chosen.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this flower quilt! I'm so ready for spring and this quilt is perfect for feeling some sunshine. The fabrics were perfect for this...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful flower quilt. Perfect for spring! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love flower quilts and spring and today is the spring equinox so you had all angles covered. Great quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the flowers! Your quilt just feels like Spring. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, that is sweet! The flowers do look like pinwheels, and I love your colors, too. This is a really fun quilt design!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty quilt. Love the flower hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute and so appropriate for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh sooo pretty!!! I love the flowers and the fabrics you've chosen! xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful. Nice quilt to help get ready for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pretty pattern for spring and yes, the flowers have a pinwheel look to them.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very nice adaptation of the pattern. Love the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a sweet pattern. Like your upping the block size.

    ReplyDelete