Wednesday, May 29, 2024

End of the month

I have been laid back after the retreat not really motivated to sew. It was good to be home in my own bed eating my own food. And I was especially glad to have a settled stomach. I still need to be aware of what I eat as pizza set it off yesterday. 

Anyway, my daughter had come home to be near humans. Without having work and now that her semester is over, she was getting a little bored on her own. We are always grateful to have our kids here. But it does change things a little for us. Her cat is here as well and we will cat sit this weekend.  She does cook good food. 

In the evenings I have been able to finish up bindings on my 2 flag wall hangings. And I have been doing counted cross stitch on perforated paper.


Today, I finally set up the sewing machine and did some stitching on blocks:

A)   10 more blocks to add to the chandelier  design are going to be added to make it a little longer. ( I had 15 extra centers anyway.) I did unsew the setting triangles.

B)   I am sewing up the New York Beauty Blocks I started at retreat. They are a nice challenge. This is another old UFO and all the paper pieced borders were completed. I have a box of collected fabrics and patterns ready to go. I think I need 36 total blocks. 3 DONE and 1 cut out!

We have had 2 tornado sirens this weekend. Watching the Doppler Radar is kind of scary knowing others are in harms way. We are fortunate. 

4 comments:

  1. tornado warnings can be scary and with so many in recent months they always need to be taken seriously. Hope you get to feeling better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty patriotic wall hangings. Can't wait to see your NYB, one of my favorite blocks. Those tornados are so scary. We don't get them here, but we have cyclones during the hot season. Hope you are feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so nice to hear that your daughter is home for a visit. Your patriotic quilts are gorgeous- finished just in time to enjoy for the patriotic season. Have a wonderful weekend . Hope cat sitting goes well. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flags look great. These tornado's are scary, so much damage in so many areas. Stay safe, and enjoy your visit with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete