Thursday, July 27, 2017

Hearts abound

Last year in anticipation of the 30s category for the quilt show in spring, I made 40 of these hearts in a log cabin variation. And it had stayed in that stage until I uncovered them this week. ( other projects got in the way)  As I have just finished 2 large quilts, it is time for a new focus.


Here is the pattern I sketched on graph paper for a 6 and a half inch block using 1 and 1/4 inch cut strips. 

And here is one square completed shown on point. 


And here is how I am starting with a center focus.


So while I had my camera out photoing my blocks, who should pass by my window but a lone turkey? Mind you, I live in a city. But behind my yard is a small section of woods. We saw him last night as well. Last year, it was a whole family who would amble across the yard. Maybe he is just returning for old home week.

7 comments:

  1. Adorable hearts! I love the scrappy nature of each one. It's fun looking at them and seeing bits of the same fabrics I have used over the years! It amazes me the wildlife we see in our 'city' backyards! Just this morning there were two deer grazing in our yard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Your hearts are precious! I like anything "heart", a scrappy project and 30's fabric! Your combination is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those cute hearts, you must get this completed, it will make a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice hearts - they'll make a wonderful quilt! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your heart quilt! I've been looking for this pattern! If you have printed directions, please forward to me! I have completed 1 square - just from looking at a picture. I appreciate any help you can give me! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your pattern. It's beautiful. Can't wait to try making one.

    ReplyDelete