I spent every evening this weekend and all the football games yesterday appliqueing these beauties. . I started the 2nd set of borders during Thanksgiving weekend. I had completed all the vines and leaves and berries on these and only had the flowers to do: 12 flowers each with a center. I now only have 4 left to complete .
Then I need to attach them and connect the vines to the corners from the other set. I am hoping to get this to the quilters this week. It is looking fantastic.
This is the quilt laid out without the borders attached and only the 2 short sides are have applique around them. It is a wonderful Kim Diehl pattern which I started last January as a sew along.
Here are closeups of some applique sections.
For my lovely 30s strips I now have a pile of 30 assembled lengths. Much better! Now I can't work on it until I get more 30s which a friend has agreed to contribute.