Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Easter weekend.

Easter!  We took the boys to church.  The 4 year old asked so many questions about church and God and Jesus. So sincere!
 And of course, we have them hooked: there was an egg hunt afterwords in the social hall. 



 God, these are truly my best blessings: husband and 2 grandsons. Full of joy!
And then family for an outside adult and kid egg hunt, followed by Easter dinner.

Oh, and a glorious spring day: up to the 70s. Alleluia!


Spring break: time for sewing:
Here is the borders for my flower blocks.  Love how it is coming together.
Now to applique them on the machine and then quilt it. 

I have joined a wool group within my guild. We started a hexie round robin with wools. 
Here is the block I made for my go around. I love the addition of beads. All I had were size 8 seed beads, and I think a smaller scale would have been better.
( backs of hexie will is a product called SF 101 which only comes in black and white.)


 And here it is with the center one made by a talented friend.

And I finally got around to photoing the fabrics from South Carolina. 


2 comments:

  1. Such a nice photo of you and your grands. Love your wool hexies. The beads add so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your applique work! I haven't done any in a while, and you've reignited the fire! The flowers and beads on hexies is such a great idea!

    ReplyDelete