Thursday, December 26, 2019

Merry Christmas

 We had a quiet Christmas with just my husband, daughter and I. Family togetherness with memorable movies. We like the Muppets' Christmas Carol and an oldy: Claymation Christmas from the 1980s. Plus we watched How to train your Dragon 3.

We so miss the grandkids and all the fun they bring. Louisiana is warm this time of year, but so far away. Here was a photo my husband and I.  Notice the lilting angel on top of the tree.  Handmade and purchased our first year married.

 I thought I would share a few quilted treasures around the house for Christmas.




My husband was surprised at how many packages were from online shopping.



Here are some star blocks I have been working on for my French Quilt a Long.  I will need 20 blocks instead of the 16 they desire; so I am getting ahead and practicing my piecing skills. 
The colors are not nearly as vibrant as in person.


Each block is 6 colors and takes some trimming and ironing to get them just right. 
I am shooting for entering in my my guild's quilt show the end of March.


Other piecing:  this is clue number 4 for Frolic by Bonnie Hunter. 
This clue is a lot of work. 



Lastly I made a purchase for my nephew and his wife who are having a baby in February.
These are some lovely teals and shades of blue and green. 
N
I have selected a Bricks pattern and it should go together easily 
I need that as the shower is January 18.

2 comments:

  1. Christmas is always different with the kids around my husband and I mainly spend the holidays pretty much by ourselves with our local daughter and son in law dropping by for a little bit but it is not the same as when children were here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice picture of you and hubby! Here in South Texas we had a warm day - at least I thought it was for winter! You have some nice projects going and like your finishes! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete