Sunday, December 1, 2019

Thanksgiving break.

It has been a nice relaxing break this Thanksgiving Lots of chats with family and lots of good food.  I even got out for one trip for Black Friday shopping, just 2 stores and the Christmas tree.

But little by little I have been quilting.

Each night my HB and I would sit by the tv watching some movie. I have to say if you haven't seen the Klaus animated movie on Netflix, it was wonderful. I am a sucker for all things kidlike.
Anyway lots of wool applique was done, but just bits on 3 different squares.







Then each day I have been piecing my flannel top together.  This has been a project I have been working on for a long time.  I know I had wanted to enter it in our quilt show in March as the theme was bear's paw which I intentionally selected the pattern from Thimbleblossoms called Over the Moon.    The wonderful colors accent my couch which is also why I ordered the chocolate brown to go with it the layer cakes I had.

   Until: Waaalaaaa:        It is together.    And now it is ready to be quilted.


Mission accomplished.  Hooray!


  
Here is a photo with the volunteer support behind it.

                                   

A single block, up close. These are all woolies flannels from a few years ago by Bonnie Sullivan.. 

And here is me at the Winter Market at Oconomowoc: lots of food and beer and music, and lots of shopping.  I found some cute wooden ornaments for my grandkids. Good times!

3 comments:

  1. I like those kind of shopping markets and I love the Russian art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute the cake and snowman! Your flannel quilt top is pretty! glad you finished it! Now for the quilting! Nice pictures of you and the outing! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you enjoyed a lovely Thanksgiving weekend! Your snowmen are coming together sweetly -- that will be a fun piece! Enjoy the rest of the week! :)

    ReplyDelete