Saturday, December 14, 2019

To Frolic and Christmas

Time has gotten away from me. And I have not posted in a while.

Christmas is upon us and I am really missing my grandsons to make cookies and do all sorts of Christmas things.

And then Monday I got a very sad call from my DD. Her boyfriend of almost 2 years broke up with her. We all liked him so much  and feel he just wasn't ready for a commitment despite the fact they are both 31.  She, of course, is devastated and it leaves me a little bummed as well.

But onward. I have been sewing.
First here are the 3 steps of the Frolic mystery by Bonnie Hunter. I really like these colors together.
But instead of a scrappy background, I found yardage of a cream print for  dollar a yard on Connecting Threads Black Friday.



Then I am going to finish these mug rugs as gifts for my school pals. 
 This set needs quilting and binding

This set is quilted, and just needs binding.

And I have made a block for my Quilt a Long to see how hard it was and whether I liked it.  I think it is a go. 

2 comments:

  1. sorry for your daughter and it does affect you all doesn't it in a way - I understand your missing the grandchildren it is to be expected with a fresh move

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you do miss your grandchildren at this time of year, especially. Your Frolic fabrics are wonderful! I hope your daughter finds joy soon. It's a difficult thing to go through, for sure.

    ReplyDelete