Sunday, February 9, 2020

Valentine UFO

Two weeks ago I dug out a Valentine UFO. I cut out extra pieces, sewed additional blocks and even started piecing borders around blocks. Until I measured my completed blocks. HALT! 

You see my old 1/4 inch seam from when it was started to the new blocks with 1/4 inch seams were different. And the plan to have 4 blocks alternating was canned. The final size did not match.

So here is the single block made recently. 
It used a pellon printed grid to stabilize the square and then fold and sew.


And here is the wall hanging with 3 different blocks. 
I quilted it using straight lines vertically. 


Since the photo was taken, I have added the binding and a rod pocket. 
And it will be done tonight. 
First UFO finished. And I do like the final project.


2nd project continuing : 3 more blocks for my square quilt a long
This gives me a total of 11 completed. And now I have a couple more cut out to assemble.


Lastly, I made Christmas block for a pass a long in my guild. 
The package is actually a red and green fabric. 


7 comments:

  1. Congrats on your finishing! I know sometimes when we have multiple projects and or start-i-tis, it's hard to get something finished. Good for you. The Valentine project is very pretty and your Christmas Square is sooooooo cute. Whomever receives that will be thrilled. Good luck with your on-going quilt project. Swing by for a visit.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Valentine wall hanging is adorable! Love your other blocks, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had that same problem with seam allowance once! I used a different machine to piece some blocks, not a good idea! the presser foot was slightly bigger than mine was!

    I love how the hanging turned out, I know it wasn't your original plan, but I think it works!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You Valentine's wall hanging is so fun! Such a creative design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The valentine wall hanging is great - I too, am amazed at how my 1/4 inch seam has changed since I first started quilting. Accuracy helps, doesn't it? I see you have linked up with Design Wall Monday - Thanks! But please remember in the future to provide a link back to my Design Wall Monday blog post from somewhere within your blog post. Looking forward to seeing your post next week! Judy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your heart wall hanging, especially with two different heart styles - well done!

    ReplyDelete