Sunday, February 2, 2020

Winterfest and blocks

Winter celebration. My husband and I had a fun afternoon and evening in Lake Geneva.
We saw snow sculptures, ice sculptures, lazer light shows and more.
  Oh, and yes it was outdoors and cold.



We had fun, despite the cold noses.

But today is the palindrome of the century: 02-02-20-20
And the groundhog saw his shadow. 
Spring is around the corner, right? 

All week I have been plodding slowly through projects. 
Here are my first 6 blocks of Frolic. 


And here is my 3rd block for the Blockheads 3.
 I liked Lisa Bongean's twist of the tiny triangles.
It really is nice to have different examples of the same block. 
Darned if I could get the aqua to look right. 


At the beginning of the week I took out my UFO for Valentine's Day. 
These are 1 and a half inch blocks placed on grid work on an  iron-on pellon.
You lay out your squares, iron to secure, and then fold them together and sew 1/4 inch seam.
Below is a block half sewn. 

And here it is completely sewn. 
I have 3 more and am making it into a wall hanging. 
I spent the Superbowl, taking the smaller ones apart which I did not like.
But I think I will use them as frames around the blocks.



2 comments:

  1. sounds like you had fun despite the cold noses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fussy cut rose, and I've always wanted to give that pellon method a whirl one day. Sounds like the winter festival was fun, stay warm until spring!

    ReplyDelete