Saturday, May 22, 2021

RSC blocks and hearts together

I decided to make a 2nd block for the RSC challenge this year. 
These are 8 1/2  inch blocks all made from 2 1/2 inch by 4 1/2 inch strips of fabric. 
I like the alternating black and white centers.  And when they will be put together, there will be no matching seams.



I will need to go back and make all the other colorways for the past months. But I don't think I will do purple. 



Here is the inspiration piece I found on pinterest from etsy. 
This one is made with 2 by 3 1/2 inch strips and are 6 inch finished blocks. 


We have a doe back again this spring and I saw her with a fawn.  I think this is over 10 years that we have repeatedly had a pair in our back woods. This was so close and she just stayed and watched as she ate from my garden.



I did get all my rows together this week.  Now all it needs is borders.


And yes that is a drum in the corner: a tom to be specific from his drum set.  My husband is a percussionist and was adding a new drum head to it last night.  I did not want to move it. 






 

8 comments:

  1. A couple of really awesome use of scraps. The framed squares all using the small rectangles - quite clever and will look great all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yours hearts are looking really good - I just saw some deer in the backyard this week - it had been ages since I saw them - I know they are in the woods but they hide. Love your scraps blocks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice framed square blocks! I especially like your hearts quilt, wow! Such scrappy goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those RED blocks for the RSC!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your blocks and your heart quilt. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the red blocks, and the yellow. 10 years is quite a record for having deer there. When you say eat from your garden, are they eating your flowers or just eating in the woods? The inspiration piece is very pretty, so bright and cheery with all those colors together. My older brother was a percussionist in school; but I don't think he's played since.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your RSC blocks are going to make such a fun quilt! Love the black and white squares in the middle. The heart quilt is just darling, too. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete