Saturday, June 12, 2021

Sum, sum, summertime

Summertime. 
And that for many means school is out.  And for some graduation even.

So let me get started with the exciting projects in progress.

First of all, I made 4 of my curving log cabins in purple. 
I will say that every time I start a new color, I get mixed up in the order they go together and have to take some logs out. I do string piece the 4 together and have them lined up in a row. 
I really like these blocks; the four separate blocks are each 5 3/4 inches square at this point. 

The graduation quilt is progressing. I love, love, love the soft colors of Springbrook by Coriander Quilts.  The yellow is not as orangey as it appears but a very soft butter. 
The fabric is a little slippery and I am needing to use a lot of Best Press as there are a lot of fold over corners and many with 1 1/2 inch squares. 




Don't mind the floor as my design wall. 


Here is how the rows come together.  So pretty. 
Graduation for the receiver is today, and I will get it to her next month before she goes to college. 


I purchased this kit and pattern from Pieceful Gatherings in Elk Grove, part of greater Chicago. 
They have wonderful facebook theme sales and are so fun to watch. These are so inspiring and they have a many clubs like wool and paper piecing and more.  

So I prepped these small pillows to sew. 




The 3rd one with the stripes is somewhere around here. 

All 3 are going on the road with me for car travel as we are thrilled to be going to vacation with all of my family and have a VRBO together. 

I will be missing in action as we are gone and will then bring back these 2 boys to stay with is for a while.   Help, send energy. 






 

5 comments:

  1. Your projects are all coming along nicely. Enjoy your vacation with your family and I am sending thoughts of energy your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't summer wonderful? I love the fabrics in the graduation quilt, and your gorgeous purple log cabins. If I had any energy left I'd send it, you're going to need it! Have fun with your boys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Curved Log Cabin blocks are so pretty. I've got some patriotic mini pillows that just need to be finished off. Thank you for the reminder! Ha! Sounds like a fun road trip ahead. Have a safe and fantastic vacation with the family. There's nothing better than getting together with kin during the summer. Oh the memories you'll be making!

    ReplyDelete