Tuesday, September 28, 2021

Time flies when you are having fun!

 It has been a busy month.  And I have accomplished some good things. Although I have not blogged in a very long time.  

There have been 2 trips for the month, 3 quilt store visits, and so much more.   I am beginning to get much more busy with activities; a book group, facilitating at a grief support group for kids, and tutoring. 

So in no particular order, here are the projects that have been worked on: 

A block of the month for guild



Bindings and bindings.  One is my Christmas quilt that came back from the long armers. That was a large bed quilt. 

The quilt retreat was a small group of 8 and I enjoyed getting away. It was a wonderful house in middle Wisconsin. I didn't feel like I accomplished much.  But in hind sight, I have a project stashed away to finish that took quilt a bit of time.


These are projects that others completed:  another Quiltagous Esher Christmas tree: Quilt kits listed here.It is much brighter in person as these are Kaffe Fasset fabrics and oh, so pretty.



A kit that was found in our guild's bargain bin sale this summer


A beautiful sunset out our sewing window.   We had rain and sun and such a relaxing pretty view.
And I gained a little weight from the good food that we each made. 


A quilt designed by one of the girls to donate to 4 H.



I worked on my round RSC log cabin blocks for September. 


I had started this last Christmas and then put it away.  But the top was assembled on retreat.  It is a lovely group of flannels by Bonnie Sullivan.  I followed the center of the wall quilt, but changed the pieced borders.


I have since quilted and bound it.  The quilting was just free motion outlines of the shapes except the snowflakes.  Here is the back of it with a different flannel.


And lastly I have done about half of the wool applique to this Primitive Gatherings wall hanging. 




1 comment: