Tuesday, October 5, 2021

Hand work

 GOOD NEWS!  I revisited my heart doctor, the one who prescribed the month long wearable heart monitor. And the conclusion was that he saw no evidence of the atrial fib which had been identified some 5 years ago. I am so happy!  No blood thinners for me.  Plus I was able to keep my weight down a little.  This was a tricky one as I had gained a few pounds on retreat a couple of weeks ago. What a relief! 

So onto quilting: I have been doing lots of hand work in the evenings in front of the TV. 

I have steadily been working on this wool project. It was purchased from Primitive Gatherings a few years ago. Granted, it will not be summer when it is finished, but it will be great for NEXT year. 

The Valdani green pearl cotton is actually a little variegated. It was easy to assemble. I purchased a kit with the shapes pre-fused and mostly punched out. Such a life saver for all this little red flowers. The pattern is still available; I don't know about the wool kit. 


This is a photo of the whole project before I started the leaves. The words at the bottom will be last.  I haven't decided whether to do the half square triangles around the borders.



The other project for now is a cross stitch.  I do not know what kind of fabric this is, but I love the beige with the flecks.   I am using variegated floss for this project.  The pattern has 3 different leaves each in a different colorway. 


I just made my own diagram to see the count better. 


Here are all the flosses I purchcased.  I think the red is too dark.  But it is still fun to stitch it. 



I leave for retreat in 2 days.  I will have lots to show afterwards. 










1 comment:

  1. I'm behind in my blog reading and am so glad that you are doing well, heart-wise. Peace of mind is a wonderful thing. Love your wool project! Reading your last post... the Christmas quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete