Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Long time coming

 I have had this back from my quilter for a few weeks.   Today I finally cut off the extra fabric and batting around the sides. 

This is how it looked prior to going to the long-armer:  It is a large quilt.  I don't remember the dimensions. But to give you an idea, each heart is 6 inches on point making it 85 inches long. 

I reallly LOVE, LOVE, LOVE  how she quilted it.  Oh, my GOSH.  I did ask for custom quilting versus an edge to edge design and wanted to accentuate the piecing I did.   

The back, boring, is  stippling down the stripped rows of 30s fabrics and the heart designs with cross hatching are amazing.  It is a light turquoise/ green color. I had purchased 9 yards for it. I have since become used to being extra wide backing fabric which is cheaper at 15 dollars a yard versus 9 yards of something. 


Different views.  It is tooo cold to take it outside.


A close up of the beautiful scrolls, cross hatch and hearts between the pieced log cabin hearts.


This quilt was started with the intention of giving it to my mother, born in 1931. While she now lives in a nursing home and no longer needs it,  it is a memory made by me and I thought of her through the whole process.   Ode to MOM!  Lots and lots of "Hearts" to you!



6 comments:

  1. How beautiful! I just love how it's quilted. What a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is wonderful and although mom can't use it now you have the memory of making it for her - the quilter did a wonderful job

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt, love those log cabin hearts!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super sweet custom quilting and your quilt turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beauty ! Love the '30's fabrics! Great quilting job and it all speaks "heirloom quilt". Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lovely quilt and your long-arm quilter did an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete