Sunday, October 24, 2021

Louisiana visit

I worked like crazy to get this quilt ready to go on our trip to Louisiana. My daughter in law had selected the pattern and fabrics over 5 years ago when she lived with us in Wisconsin. She had even cut it out, but I hadn't taught her how to sew on a machine yet.

So I put it together, had it quilted by my long -armer and then attached my first machine binding.  For this purpose, it was the quickest and easiest way to get the binding on quickly,  nd it worked fairly well for my first attempt. 


I have included other views:   It finished as 66 by 77 or so. And the pattern was very easy to make. I enjoyed working with the batiks and felt the fabric was easy to sew for accuracy.


The colors are bright, which she LOVED!
The back is a wide blue minky which she also LOVED. The quilt motif is a geometric zig zag which I felt went perfect with it.  


And I mean she really loved it and immediately took it to put on her bed. 
It is not queen size, but she did not want to share with all the boys. 
I think I will have to get her a solid duvet or coverlet. 
Happy early birthday! ( November 2)


As a part of our visit, I had asked that my son take my HB to the Army base where he was stationed as a combat medic for 6 years in the 10th Mountain unit and now works as security as a civilian. 
He took us all to see it.   One huge piece of land where there has been lots of newer construction in the past 10 years.  The base was an old World War 2 built facility.
We enjoyed their mini golf range on a warm (80 degree) day as well as the go carts. 
The boys got their Halloween costumes and Iron Man wanted to wear his gloves all the time even though his hands become sweaty.
We took the kids enjoyed walking down by the river in Natchitoches, which is  their nearest shopping town to where they live.  We had fun at their library and park, something which the boys always enjoy. 


I so had the time of my life reading books, playing games and spending quality time with them in my lap. It was their fall break, although they had been off school for a week and a half as the little one had Covid.  They kept begging me to stay longer. 


But we are making Christmas and spring break plans to solve that. 

 

1 comment:

  1. oh no sorry to hear one of the kids had covid - I take it all was clear for your visit though. The quilt looks wonderful and bet the daughter in law was happy to get it.

    ReplyDelete