Sunday, February 11, 2024

First Quilt Show of the Season

 Yesterday I had the great pleasure of going to a quilt show in the Washington County Fairgrounds of Wisconsin.  It was a little windy blowing the coldness, but so worth it! I always love the inspiration and seeing all the quilters come out of the woodwork to get inspired. So many goodies to shop as well. 

The quilts also were just so amazing as well. 

Size of these houses were just SOOOO small. Love  the arrangement and all the colors. 



This one just blew me away with the amazing free piecing and lovely small detail quilting and this just shows that the back is ALSO pieced.  Oh, my!


Such amazing work and completed on a 1917 treadle machine.  
Be still my heart. A first place in this category


Close up of the next quilt made by a mother daughter team.  The needlework on the wool was exquisite. 





And this was the Best of Show  


I have been spending my evenings putting on button eyes  and coal French knots for my snowmen. 
It is almost done. 







4 comments:

  1. So many wonderful quilts ! I bet you came home inspired. Enjoy your day working on your darling roly poly snowman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like a great show and definitely an enjoyable day out. How many quilts did you start afterwards? Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. such lovely quilts - those tiny houses wow! I'm surprised that one was not best of show - no ribbon at all?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting quilt shows drinking in others' amazing quilts is always a wonderful way to spend a day. Gorgeous quilts you have shown us. That tree with all those spectacular houses is sublime. And......the beauty finished on a 1917 treadle machine...just wow!

    ReplyDelete