Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Snowmen everywhere

 Last January I started Merry Merry Snowmen by Ann Sutton of Bunny Hill which was a 9 block pattern.  I did it with a friend and we met weekly  to sew together and share fabrics most French General. All the snowmen were appliqued in wool by hand.  And all the other details were appliqued in cotton by machine in a blanket stitch. 

I finished the top and the back in October and sent it off to be longarmed. And I collected it in January. 

There have been countless hours attaching the binding and the rod pocket.  And then all the eyes needed buttons and other small details.  

Lastly I have been quilting the large applique designs. 




AND for the big finish:  Hooray for me!!!!!!!  

Completed size 62 by 66   (Photo a little yellowy )





7 comments:

  1. that's cute - a nice winter/Christmas quilt

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's just adorable! And what fun to make it with a friend. You've finished it right at the perfect time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun quilt! Those snowmen are adorable. I'd love to welcome you to my weekly Sew & Tell party at Melva Loves Scraps on blogger. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous quilt! Joy in the stitching, and now the joy of a treasure to last a lifetime! Your profile caught my eye - I was born in Ohio and went to Ball State University in Indiana - now I live in Montana! Joining you from Slow Sunday Stitching - I am #23 if you would like to pop by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This quilt is so cute! I love all of the little details. You did a great job on this beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun you and a friend met weekly to stitch together, that adds to the fun for sure. It turned out sooooooooo cute. Nicely done. YOu'll be all set to decorate next Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just love this project...have eyed it for a couple of years. Lots of beautiful details and how nice you had a friend along with this quilting journey. This will be a family heirloom for sure!

    ReplyDelete