Friday, December 9, 2016

Christmas projects


Christmas stockings ( first batch)

I love to sew for others. And I start  Christmas projects in summer.  Finishing them.... well, I'm still working on a few. I will post more on those.

But here is one I have started for my daughter and her boyfriend. We will have a cookie making and gingerbread contest at my house tomorrow for my 2 kids, 2 grandkids.  So much fun. I would like to give it to her then.

My mom made awesome stockings for us as kids which she then made for additional members as they became a part of our family ( husbands and kids). My kids love them and they are filled with small goodies such as make up or nail clippers or Tide spot sticks.

 So I thought I would continue the trend. But as they are 30ish years old, I wanted more modern ones for them.

I searched and searched Pinterest for ideas and settled on this design:  Christmas Stocking link
LOVE these stocking!!!! Circles stocking:

 The red stockings were from JoAnns in previous years.  I had to purchase polyester felt for colors and used round pinking shears for the edges and very sharp shears to cut the "snowflake stars". The names are hand embroidered.

The pieces are cut out and assembled, but not glued yet.  ( not enough time for hand sewing).



No comments:

Post a Comment