Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Log Cabin Quilt along

French Quilt Along

Log Cabin

So, Bea uneaiguilledansunebottedefoin.blogspot.fr/ as well as Cecilia Patchwork Inspirations  is hosting a Log Cabin Quilt along.  I thought about it for a couple days, and decided to dive in and do it.

 I loved seeing Bea's 365 circle applique: so colorful!

Requirements:
"We'll charge you only two obligations that will make the Log Cabin block and to achieve 16!

They will start on January 1 and we ask you two blocks per week! This brings the number of blocks to 8 in a month and 16 in two months! Of course, those who wish to do more can do so without problem.



"We will as always a point at the beginning of each month. The month of March will be dedicated to quilting."


They have lots of versions; courthouse steps, pineapple, wonky, and shifted to look like curves.  Decisions for size, color and emphasis are all up to you.  

Even though it is late (deadline was Dec. 1 to sign up) , I have decided to join.  Fortunately, after selecting the pattern, I was able to find this Kim Diehl pattern in a book I own Simple Appeal.  ( I do have 5 of hers.) 

They start the end of January 1 for 2 blocks a week for 8 weeks.  It has 16 blocks. But I will not meet the quilting deadline, as I do intend to do the applique. 

Image may contain: indoor



I sewed my heart out and got the required 20 count of 9 patch blocks. It was a close one, as I only had so much of the red.   These will be my centers ; they are 3 inch finished.    To get ready cut lots of 1 and1/2 inch log strips. 





No comments:

Post a Comment