Friday, March 3, 2017

February coming to a close.

I feel like an inchworm: making little progress to show, yet definitely moving.

February goals done:
1) En Provence top completed  63 inches square!
backing purchased  Sent to quilter.  I just could not see me quilting over those bulky intersections.
Kudos to those of you who do! But on my regular sewing machine, I just dreaded the thread breaking. I steamed the heck out of the seams, too, without trying to warp the size and keep it square.

2) BOM for quilt guild done

3) Stash Bee blocks made: It is a great pattern for those 5 inch charm packs.
I happened to have one for an eye spy quilt, and found awesome guy prints.
Even had a pack of Cherrywood fabrics of a 8 by 9 size variety found at Quilt Expo in Madison, WI.


4) Rainbow Scrap Challenge:  4 blocks made, 4 cut out to finish
Teal/aqua/sea green are not colors in abundance in my stash. I had to break down and acquire a few.



Added to all the blocks so far made:  my colors are muted, and don't always like the lighting/camera.




5) Challenge for small group selected:  postcard scenery with small bits of fabric for greenery
There is a wonderful tutorial in the latest Quilting Arts magazine.  The challenge is to do thread painting.



Other progress:
Homespun bull's eyes almost quilted.  Ugh.  ran out of navy thread........

Log Cabin quilt along: piecing completed along with inner border, applique prep for pattern pieces cut out, bias stems and circles made

Started a donation quilt for church for the Native American tribe we support;
blocks made from disappearing 9 patch with red centers.  6 x 7 patches put together.
Additional blocks made. Wool batting and flannel red backing purchased.

No UFO progress this month. Oh,  Scrap!

On to March:   Goals:

1) Finish. Yes Finish the Log Cabin.  Lots of applique in my future.

2)  Put together my 30s hearts!  Need to get it done for the quilt show in April.

3)  Red Rainbow Scrap Challenge

4) BOM for quilt club

5) Leaving room for inspiration and squirrels.    But thinking I need to get grandson's  big bed quilt going.  His birthday is in May, and I didn't get it done for when he turned 2 last year. I let it go as he has been using my son's graduation quilt from high school. But I did make a matching pillow case.

Cutie that he is:  Here he was experimenting with magnets.  He is really getting good at figuring things out, like how to take things apart.





No comments:

Post a Comment