Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Spring flimsy and more


So excited:  this is in the flimsy stage.  Hooray.  I need to adjust a few seams at the edges of the piano key borders. But I really like how it added to the quilt. It looks like tans, but is really yellows and peaches.  I ordered the backing so it is all I can do for now.

I had fun with the piano keys and didn't realize how many colors I had.  I could go 18 keys without repeating.  That doesn't include some of the layer cake squares.  Here are the corners ( another pinterest find.)


Next up:  Dresden Beauty;  This is an old UFO.,. at least 10 years. It began with the Dresden pattern from Edyta Sitar. I had purchased it at Rosemont's quilt show and even got her templates which made it easy. 

 The stars were put together at one retreat and a few more nights. Then the setting was a quandary but wanting to go with the scrappy theme. 

I carefully appliqued each star to a background square:
 

And it has sat.. waiting for the finish.  Notice I am missing a few squares.  Ugh..  will keep searching. But I finally decided to invisible machine applique the points of the center star points. 

Now I will finish the quilt and send it off to be quilted. I want something more than an overall design, but am not comfortable experimenting on this one. 


It feels good to get things done. 

3 comments:

  1. The first quilt is one of my favorite patterns! I love the addition of the piano keys too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The piano key borders looks great! I love the corners, too. Your Dresden plate design is one of the prettiest I've seen. I love it with the pinwheels. You've been busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your spring quilt looks so soft and gentle--love it.

    ReplyDelete