So excited: this is in the flimsy stage. Hooray. I need to adjust a few seams at the edges of the piano key borders. But I really like how it added to the quilt. It looks like tans, but is really yellows and peaches. I ordered the backing so it is all I can do for now.
I had fun with the piano keys and didn't realize how many colors I had. I could go 18 keys without repeating. That doesn't include some of the layer cake squares. Here are the corners ( another pinterest find.)
Next up: Dresden Beauty; This is an old UFO.,. at least 10 years. It began with the Dresden pattern from Edyta Sitar. I had purchased it at Rosemont's quilt show and even got her templates which made it easy.
The stars were put together at one retreat and a few more nights. Then the setting was a quandary but wanting to go with the scrappy theme.
I carefully appliqued each star to a background square:
And it has sat.. waiting for the finish. Notice I am missing a few squares. Ugh.. will keep searching. But I finally decided to invisible machine applique the points of the center star points.
Now I will finish the quilt and send it off to be quilted. I want something more than an overall design, but am not comfortable experimenting on this one.
It feels good to get things done.