Monday, June 12, 2017

Slow stitching in Canada

School's out for summer! Today is my first official day off. Hooray!

My first trip is/was to visit my mom who lives in Canada. After driving through Chicago and around the bottom of Lake Michigan II met my sister in Detroit and  we finished the trip up through the peninsula of Ontario together up to Bobcaygeon.  It has been hot as is much of the Midwest. But it is the first heat for them in Canada ( in the 30s Celsius)..





We visited my favorite lake: Stony Lake near Lakefield, Ontario. My family had a cottage there and we would go up for the summers. So beautiful, so peaceful...




Just love the view of the islands and trees; there is nothing like it. Here is my sister and mom where we ate.

        I miss these tall Northern pines. They peek out above the rest of the trees.

So in between going here and there, I have been doing lots of embroidery all weekend.  I almost have this panel finished.  Making HUGE progress.... almost finished with this first of 3 panels. Crabapple Hill design.

Here is a greatshop in Bowmanville, Ontario.  Very cute clothes, gifts, jewelry.  Loved it! 
AND in the back was a quilt store... what a surprise!

 My sister found the store online.  She didn't know about the quilt store. But I was thrilled. And I found some wonderful fabrics and a pattern for the  150th celebration for Canada rock Inuits.  They have 3 locations: Campbellford, Peterborough, and Bowmanville. 

No comments:

Post a Comment