Sunday, January 27, 2019

Flower quilt along


Béa et Cécile Quilt-a-Long  is a group I joined 2 years ago online and happily made one of my all time favorite quilts,  The theme then was log cabin, and this year it is flowers.  I had intended and even started 3 blocks from Lori Holt's Bloom templates.

I fully intended on making a quilt such as this:
But it turns out I needed 3 sets of templates and I was barely progressing. 


So I sacked that idea and went searching for another:

I have liked the French roses quilts with raw edges for some time.  And then I recalled that I have a box of coordinated fabrics from Fig Tree quilts. I had finished 2 quilts using them.  So it was an easy switch

I drew my own pattern to fit a 6 inch block. 
No photo description available.

And then cut 16 fabrics into each of the 3 petal shapes. Using glue stick I just applied them to my base blocks and then did a blanket stitch on my back-up sewing machine around all the edges and leaves. ( My Bernina 930 does not  have one. )

Image may contain: food

And the blocks are all made.  Now for a plan to put them together.

Here is one of the activities my grandsons so enjoy at my house:

Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting and child

We are helping with them 2 afternoons through bedtime after school and usually one overnight a week. They are precious to have and I have so much fun creating fun activities and using my teaching background to create things for them to do. Valentine projects on the brain at the moment.

And I have resorted to getting  my pictures from a different avenue than my phone. 

4 comments:

  1. finally back on here huh - how did you figure out your photos? I do not use blogger so was no use to you. I always have to take my photos off of my phone and put them on my computer to use them in my blog which I do on wordpress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I opened a separate facebook accoount to download pictures onto. I thank you for your comment. I love your quilting and appreciate that you have so many projects going on at once. It is the way I work also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your raw edge flowers! It will be a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your rose quilt. I have that pattern, but haven't done anything with it. Your grandsons are precious.

    ReplyDelete