Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Retreat

I had the pleasure of 2 days away fully devoted to quilting and friends. I can't  tell what joy it was to be with such talented ladies sharing meals and ideas together.

We listened to old musicals and Broadway hits while hunkering down to our machines and tools creating quilts.

We had a great facility near Eau Claire, Wisconsin. It was a side by side new building each having room for 6 quilt/crafters which can be opened up to 12 all together.


We took turns with meals, snacks, and such and had a wealth of good food.

Here is the quilt I pieced together while there.  This is my RSC challenge from 2017.  Each month was a different color and I chose the  muted tones.  These are 2 of the blocks: each is a finished 6 inch block.  

I had completed 112 blocks of which I put together 108. All I worked on was sewing the finished blocks into a 9 x 12 arrangement, having laid them out on New Year's Day.  I need to check my corners and resew as needed, press well and then add the 3 inch half square triangle border. 



Here are a few of the projects the others were busy on: 

This is a Kaffe Fasset fabric collection. It is from a quilt store in Mukwonago called Quilt-agious and is featured on their website: http://www.quilt-agious.com, if you are interested. I don't know the pricing at all. 


The next is the beginnings of our guild's raffle quilt for 2020 featuring an Edita Sitar pattern from her book on Patches of Blues and the fabric line to go with it.  The outer border will be applique with lots of vines and small circles. ( I prepared 400 or so inches of bias strips.)

This is a T-shirt quilt by a friend for a nephew who attended Loyola University in Chicago.
I hated having to return home and go back to work.

8 comments:

  1. love that second quilt pattern you show and how wonderful those colors are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, so much for not ordering more quilts to make this year. :) I just had to have the Escher kit. Thanks for the link! So glad you had a wonderful time at your retreat. Your quilt is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pinwheel quilt. I am making one too, also started in 2017! I don't even know how many blocks i still need, but i hope to give it more attention this year! Beautiful quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your pinwheel quilt top is gorgeous! I’ve got that one on my bucket list. Glad you had a fun retreat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that pinwheel quilt, too! That block has been a favorite of mine ever since I joined the RSC. I really like your muted colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you enjoyed your quilty getaway! And I love your Kaffe Quiltalicious. It reminds me of M.C. Escher's artwork. Very cool. Your body might be back at work again, but your HEART and your SOUL are still quilting!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always SEW good to get away, but SO hard to come back to "business as usual"!! Thanks for sharing the progress made.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, your pinwheel blocks have turned into an amazing flimsy. It’s gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete