Friday, February 12, 2021

Quilting challenge

 Quilting Challenge Projects 2021  by Sheri McConnell at A Quilting Life

Do you need motiviation? At times, I sure do. Well, I found this awesome challenge on a Youtube video last night.  It is just the right thing for me:  small things build to bigger things. So I am also going to share it with my guild tonight as a personal challenge for people. I know we are all starved for interaction and the accountability may help, too. Here is the link if you would like it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lq9dlfbddOaF3mupf4tSuVM2KVJiAWgz/view

Sheri is going to do 2 things for February:  one this little table topper,  and some half square triangles for a bigger project for Christmas.


As for me, I am going to take this idea and make pillow shams for my daughter and her new quilt I am finishing the binding for. ( See below)

The other will be to make this wool applique which I have the background pieced for. 


On the finishing front, I have happily completed the binding on my daughter's quilt.  Hooray. Another big project done.


Two edges were straight, and two of the edges were zigzagged from the sides of the hexagons. 
I had 12 WOF binding strips to attach. It is the longest I have ever attached, I think. 



Then as far as little things, I have made a few Valentine's decorations for the house.  The first is a pillow I saw on Pinterest and created with my own ideas for interfacing and weaving. 



The second is a little patchwork pillow. 



Then as far as little things, I have made a few Valentine's decorations for the house. 


2 comments:

  1. love the table mat and quilt - haven't done anything for Valentine's day :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great finish with your daughter's quilt. It's beautiful. The triangle shams will look so nice with it. Cute Valentine's decorations, too.

    ReplyDelete