Monday, February 8, 2021

Superbowl sewing

 Friday, I was so happy to get my daughter's quilt back from my longarm quilter. This top has been done since December. I had awaited backing and batting for some time. So I spent the afternoon first trimming the edges. Then I applied the binding by machine. ( It had already been prepped and was ready to go) Followed by the hours of the Superbowl game hand sewing the the binding to the other side. I was so happy I actually completed 3 sides of the binding. And this is the LONGEST binding I have ever done. 12 WOF strips. 


Here is an up close of the beautiful quilting pattern on the back of the quilt. The bright Kaffe Fassett fabric. These flowers are seriously bigger than a dinner plate.
The overall back ( only the center). You can't see the edges that are the zig zag from the large hexagonal blocks. 
Here is the centerish of the quilt held by 2 people. Pattern Tiny Dancer. It uses a special ruler, but I was able to use a 60 degree one I already possessed. ( saving 25 dollars).

And here is my dear dear husband holding it up. If you look closely, you can see the batting peeping out at the sides.
And as a treat I made spritz cookies for Valentine's Day. These are dipped in chocolate.( Definitely for my dear husband who love chocolate.) Love my Wilton cookie press. I bought it after Christmas one year on deep discount. It is not electric, but works like a charm. Cookies were mixed, baked, and dipped all in an hour. 


These are already packed to take to the family I help homework with. 
( Forgot to take the photo on the trays or counter.) 


3 comments:

  1. I made that pattern about 6-7 years ago - I loved it - your cookies look delicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is lovely. Hope it doesn't take long to finish the binding. I think I have the same quilting design for my long arm. It gives some really great texture. Love the idea of your dipped cookies. I know I have a cookie press. Just wondering if I want to make some Valentine cookies! I have to say I like my 50 years+ press better than one I bought a few years ago. I loved to bake and I'm pretty sure my grandmother gave me the press when I was in high school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, your quilt is stunning. The pattern on the front is a vision of beautiful hexies and as for the Kaffe fabric....just gorgeous. Those spritz cookies look delicious.

    ReplyDelete