Saturday, February 6, 2021

Snow, cold , and more snow

 We definitely got that snowstorm that traveled across the country. At least 10 inches is all I can say.  Then we adapted to that and a few days later more arrived.  Very slippery wet snow! It was really pretty, but driving  was a little hazardous. (had to go out to tutor and get a few groceries) now the polar vortex has arrived giving us below zero chill factors.   These are the mounds by the road


And this is the back porch with its wind drifted path across for providing bird seed for our
  furry friends the squirrels, feathered friends: cardinals, chickadees,  and mourning doves. 


I have been working on little things. I have these half square triangles completed for a monthly mini mystery 8 of each color. this month is to make mini 4 patches.   Kathleen Tracy has these frequently. So if you like reproduction fabrics and patchwork find her on Facebook here is her link:Kathleen Tracy's facebook group. patterns are listed on this homepage under the links tab at the top. I have met her in person as she is from Illinois and she has published several books. She usually tries out patterns here.

Another wonderful group to get into if you like Primitive things is Quilts by Cheri: Cheri Payne quilt group, This has been started by a friend of Cheri Payne a wonderful designer  who has passed away. There is a Saturday morning live video of Irma offering questions and demonstrations and such. Below is the current pattern for Valentines day made by Marta AC. 


My big project has been to work on the Little Fox in the Snow baby quilt.  The little darling arrived early as in yesterday. Surprise. 

Here is the inspiration from Pinterest by 3rd story workshop.  


Here is my fox which was completed in early December: This is paper pieced. 

And the trees have all been sewn:

I wish I had seen her tutorial before I had started them. I think I could have cut the time down incredibly. I have spent several hours on different days making these. 

Now to assemble and send it off to the new baby girl.  

1 comment:

  1. all your projects are going so well. My daughter who moved to California from Madison is so glad she no longer lives there when her friends are sending her photos of all the cold snow. It will get cold here too later in the week but nothing like what you have

    ReplyDelete