Friday, April 16, 2021

A little of this and that

 On the needlework front, I have been working on this cross stitch for a few weeks as in starting it before Easter. Originally it was a much bigger piece with a Peeps quote on it; however, the painted canvas with acrylic and fabric medium proved difficult to stitch on as a larger piece.   I love the color. But I reassessed, and then made it much smaller using only 3 peeps.  It is about 3 by 4 inches.  And I should not have used 3 strands of floss. But hindsight is hindsight and I will not start it a 3rd time. It will be done very far in advance for next year. It will still make a great addition to my tiered tray. 


And as I enjoy all your favorite projects on the various blogs I browse over the week,  I am following Maggie Fellow's advice  on Making a Lather to get out a WIP to finish.   I made this small wall quilt top last year. It was an easy top with 11 various fabrics stitched from selvage to selvage.  It was a McCalls kit with preprinted  and coordinating fabrics.  I love the hexie print and tried making some solid color smaller ones for additional flowers and abandoned that.  So now I am just going to add some bright leaves and quilt it. Perhaps I will add to the picket fence with a vine and small flowers?  Waiting for inspiration to peek its head. 



Here are 20 bright green leaves using Lori Holt's method of using an interfacing product, sewing on the lines, slitting the back and turning it right side out.  In my photo you can see the tool I used for poking the edges.  It's purpose was more for paper crafting.  But it worked out well.  There are 2 tones of lime green. 


Lastly,  I put together my pieces for my rounded log cabin blocks.  This is for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge which color is blue for April.  I selected only light and medium shades, saving darks for later. I made 8 blocks total.  One was missing for the photo. 


Four of them were sewn into a circle. The leftovers will either become another one or be used as half circles or settings around the circles: to be decided at layout time.   Each small block is 5 and 3/4 inches at this point. 


It is so nice to have my machine to work on again. 

7 comments:

  1. Your peep stitch is looking fabulous and love the hexi blooms. Look forward to seeing the flowers with their leaves soon. Have a lovely weekend and happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes it is nice to get a ufo out to work on - interesting way you do your leafs

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE that Light/Bright BLUE Circle Log Cabin block you've created!! Hoping you are having fun using up those scraps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful blue circular log cabin blocks, very pretty I deed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your log Cabin blocks are "cousins" of my blocks. They are fun blocks to make.
    Have a great weekend, Debbie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great way to use the hexie-printed fabric and to add some applique leaves? Brilliant! Going to turn into a sweet quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your stitching and quilt projects. Sometimes letting WIPS stew makes faster finishes possible in the end :)

    ReplyDelete