Thursday, April 29, 2021

Hearts and Gooses

 I have been a sewing fiend.    Lots and lots of work done. 


First I have made great project on my Broken Heart quilt.  All the patchwork is put together.  Yeah!!!!!

About 45 inches square.   I am abandoning borders. It can be a wall hanging, baby or toddler quilt. 




I really stewed and stewed on the color arrangement: 

Here are only a couple of them.  They laid on the floor for a couple days and I would switch this or that. And then I took more of the whites out and just decided it was done.  I don't think there is a perfect arrangement for  this with so many colors. 



On to the quilter.  ( Although I could have done it at this size.)

Additionally, I spent lots of hours putting this together.  This is my gooseberry patch quilt started in February if 2018.  These are the components that I have been assembling and putting together over the several years. It is a Kansas Troubles pattern. And although I have fat quarters accumulated for a different quilt, I added a few more specifically for this quilt as I needed more greens and reds. 






I finished that last 2 sections of lots of half square triangles, and then stated assembling.  It was pairs of borders one after another.  And fortunately they have all fit. 




Well until the very last black one along the long sides.  At this point it is 64 by 84 inches.
I have 2 more borders to add around the whole thing.  ( It was meticulously ironed yesterday until I scrunched it being frustrated with the math.) 


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful heart quilt! The colors are so bright and cheery. The Gooseberry quilt is beautiful, too. Love those flying geese!!

    ReplyDelete