Saturday, February 25, 2023

UFOs

 Now that I have my big project off to the quilter, I have started working on a few Unfinished Projects.

The first I have done is a baby quilt. I had the top assembled last August. I just needed to quilt it.  So the layering and quilting began.   The mother was thinking Winnie the Pooh for a girl. 


I selected a Shannon fabric for the back.  It is oh, so cuddly. 


I just quilted in the ditch and then added some parallel lines for the blocks while using my walking foot. I rolled the pink backing onto the front to bind it and top stitched with a zig zag stitch. 
DONE!



Next, I got my mini trees out. It was already layered and prepared to quilt. 
I started by again using my walking foot for both edges of the pieced border. I quilted in the ditch of the blocks across the quilt.  Next step to ditch in the the leaves of the tree in rows. 
And the stage I am at now is quilting free motion feathers around the outer border. 
I had to stop because I ran out of thread. Ugh.   

Before quilting

2 photos of the back showing the quilting.





My husband kindly picked up a new spool of thread for me.  Now to finish the quilting. 

3 comments:

  1. OMG. That tree of life is great. And the quilting. I am so jealous of your feathers. I hate when I run out of thread. Glad it was easy to get more. Have fun finishing it.

    ReplyDelete