So Sunday: a day of rest! Well my sewing machine needs a rest. Actually, it needs a tune up.The tension is OFF. I couldn't stand it while I started to put this baby into larger sections.
As I was at church this morning, I asked about the deadline for the donation quilt. This one, the one I started back here. February 8. It was sitting on my back table. And I was tired of prepping all my applique and not sewing piecework. And they want the donations by the end of April. Ugh, I have a quilt to finish before then for the quilt show the 21st.
So I needed to sew for someone else today. And while putting chunks together for this donation quilt, my tension was just wrinkled on the long seams. I found all my blocks that were made and laid it out. Don't know how, but it worked out with 1 left over. The layout is 9 by 11 squares. Again this is a disappearing 9 patch with the red in the center and a staggered lay out.
So I put my Bernina to the side, organized all the cords and such, and got my back up out. It worked fine, but I did have to research how to get that 1/4 inch seam.
Good news! The donation homespun quilt is together and the size is 54 by 66 inches. I think I will add my red flannel as a border and cut it from the wide back. I have more than enough. It is hard to tell, but these are all homespuns. I like how the red is random, but really pulls it together and gives it a pop.