Sunday, November 26, 2017

Blockheads

Update:  I have been able to get 2 more blockhead blocks done.  So I am caught up to having all blocks but 1 done.  I did well piecing the mini triangles into 1 flying goose was fine, but getting the 2 sides ...not so much.  I hope all I have to do is cut the triangle larger and trim when assembled.

Here is block 37  

And block 38.  This one needs a good pressing.  Betsy Chutchian had a good directions, but my quarter square triangles were just too little aka my seam allowance too big.   I then recut them and started again.  That scant 1/4 inch will get ya every time.  


I am still working on my Christmas package mug rugs and have 4 more cut out. 

Plus I have 5 blocks for my RSC into quadrants.  Should be easy to assemble the last pieces.  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    I really love block #37 - just the layout pleases me. I love, too, how you repeat the color way in block #38 yet with different fabrics. Was this a bundle of fabrics or did you put them together yourself? It sounds like you have quite a few things on your list for this week. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete