Saturday, November 11, 2017

November a month for birthdays!

Now that October has past, we are into the chilly month of November.  And I mean CHILLY! It has plunged to the temperature in the teens today.  Just in the past couple days, the leaves are gone.  The winter coats are out and the tools for snow removal are prepared in advance.


Image result for birthday images

But November in my family is 3 November birthdays. On the first was my daughter in law's birthday.  The photos I had  taken as a surprise when my hb and I babysat for several days were a great hit for her and are already in frames around the house.

Next came mine this week. I was serenaded by 200 7th graders in lunch at school this week.  I bet you can't top that! They were so cute. My family came for dinner Sunday and brought in Italian food. Easy to heat up, and I didn't have to do any work. The piece de resistance was a chocolate cake with a raspberry filling and a white chocolate buttercream frosting adorned with fresh raspberries.  Ahh. so good!

But the birthday that can't even come close to those is my mother in law's which is actually on November 21. But we are celebrating this weekend.  She is turning 100!  An amazing lady who is sharp as a tack, follows the Wisconsin Badgers , her alma mater, and all Milwaukee/ Green Bay sports.  All kids, grandkids, and great grandkids, a sister, and nieces and nephews, are all arriving for a celebration tomorrow.

I finished this hanging for her.  And hope it will be seen on her door.



 Here is a close up of the stippling.



And here is the trick for adding a dowel rod to hang it.  I added a tab in the middle for the added length.

Good news: everybody liked it.!

And lastly I finished my Stash Bee block.  I am usually finished with the block the first couple days of the month. But it is still early in November.

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to you, your mother in law and DIL! Mine was yesterday. :) Love your banner. And how wonderful that you had such a big celebration for your MIL's 100th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely banner to hang on the door for a 100th birthday celebration! I am going to use your idea of a middle "tab" on a longer small project, to help the quilt from sagging from the dowel. Would you mind amending your blog post to include a link back to http://smallquiltsanddollquilts.blogspot.com? It can be done easily in edit mode by selecting "link" in blogger. Thanks for linking up with Design Wall Monday. I appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad to see that you are also somewhere in WI. (I am in West Central WI, near LaCrosse). I envy you your energy to make all those beautiful blocks

    ReplyDelete