Tuesday, November 21, 2017

borders

I am so excited after 2 months of stitching I have finally finished the hand applique for my Kim Diehl log cabin quilt. I binge watched TV last night and Saturday we watched West Side Story. I love, love love, Bernstein's music. When watching TV movies, I will go online to find out about actors and the background behind the story. I enjoy getting the history.

                        

Here is the center of the quilt:


Now to get the 2 last borders assembled.  I have all the leaves and flowers and most of the vines.  I have fabric cut for the last of it.  Funny I didn't read directions carefully enough and didn't make as much as I should when prepping in the spring.     And then all that is left is to do the applique.  I am sure it will take a while. On the other hand, I do have the holiday weekend.

1 comment: