Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

I feel so thankful for having all the family over to celebrate. The preparation, the people, the food, the decoration, and the togetherness. "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good and his love endures forever." Psalm 107:1.
It doesn't get much better than this.

Image result for happy thanksgiving images


Things I am thankful for: ( Idea taken from Jo's Country Junction)

1) My faith: although I am in serious need of some meditation and focus.

2) My health, aside from my 3 daily pills, I am able to do most anything I want. I love my swimming in the mornings this fall. And I struggle with my thyroid and lately my weight.  It is down 5 pounds, which is better.

3) My husband: he lets me be me and is truly my better half. And he does some of those chores I dislike. He has even become better at cleaning up for company and doing dishes.  What a sweetie ! I often find us thinking on the same thing at the same time.  37 years and counting.

4) My kids: as they have become adults, I enjoy watching them and supporting them.

5) My daughter in law and daughter's boyfriend: both have added so much to my kid's lives to make them well rounded.

6) My grandboys: such little blessings that bring out the teacher extraordinaire along with lots of love. These two munchkins have added so much to my life, I feel lucky to live close by and be a part of their lives.

7)  Teaching: I love being with the kids at school and coaching them with their studies as well as life's challenges.  Whether college choices or peer issues, it does a body good to listen and learn.

8) My mother and mother in law. both are fairly well considering their ages: 85 and 100. The next few years will be a challenge as my mom is developing Dementia and she is so far away.

9) The seasons of Wisconsin.  I may not like the cold, but I do enjoy my backyard and all the trees and animals have to offer. Nature is truly a wondrous thing.

10) My mind: I am lucky to enjoy the challenges that reading and math and the world brings. I am less emotional than my younger years, and able to think things through

Lastly: QUILTING . I have such fun as I have grown in my skills over the years. ( And so has my stash.  And now I have blogging to make it more social. It is something that feeds my soul and my mind and my hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment