Sunday, February 3, 2019

Over the river...

I am so excited.  After 2 and a half years, I am finishing all the embroidery for my Crabapple Hill design.

It all started when my husband saw this quilt made up in fall colors at a favorite quilt shop. He showed me the quilt.  He rarely has any suggestions of things he likes in a store.  So I purchased the pattern. ( I have liked the  design as well.)

It took me a week just to trace the 3 panels and baste the backing fabric onto each one.  And that was in July of 2016.

I started with the panel with the trees, followed by the one with the most embroidery and the beautiful bridge and sleigh, leaving the words for the tail end. I have carried it on several car trips, especially to my Mom's in Canada.  So lots of miles, lots of memories and lots of time have traversed these 3 panels.

And here we are on the final countdown:


Image may contain: text


Image may contain: text

Hooray!  I know I can finish it today.

5 comments:

  1. I did one of those - I winter scene in red - I think it was called "winter wonderland" They are always cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome and congrats. Looking forward to seeing it it all put together.

    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting for you!! It is always a wonderful feeling to near the finishing of a stitching project. I can't wait to see the finished quilt. I love that your husband suggested you buy it because he loves it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a feeling of accomplishment you must have! There's nothing like finishing a project that has been around for a long time. Looking forward to seeing it.

    ReplyDelete