Monday, February 4, 2019

Wedding tree skirt

So, I'll confess up front that this was for a wedding last fall.  I just was stuck, stuck, stuck.

But with renewed vigor and energy, I have been on a run: finishing, finishing, finishing. I have enjoyed getting back to quilting and getting results feeds the impetus to do more. And so on and so forth

Last week I got over my issue of how to get my last 2 slices of this tree skirt. and worked out the kinks. Each of my 2 panels of strips was able to produce 3 sections.  But I needed 8 total. So I found a short cut to use cut offs for the tops and then only have to piece each bottom.
That got me going.  And yesterday I got to the finished stage.


Here is my machine image of the quilting process: just a domestic Bernina 34 years old.

Love the bright colors of the Timeless Treasures jelly roll.
No photo description available.



Here is the front quilted.
No photo description available.

Here is a photo of the quilting on the back.  Just follow the lines.
No photo description available.

It looks more pinky/orangey  in color but is actually a red with those lime green dots.
Image may contain: stripes

I spent allllllll of the Superbowl hemming the binding, and a little longer.  ( Notice the focus light to aid my vision.)  I just wanted it done.
No photo description available.

All it needs is a label!  Voila!!
(Hmmm   I think I will make a 2nd for the wedding in March.)

8 comments:

  1. it looks pretty good to me, almost the same style as the one I made

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tree skirt and I'll bet the recipients will love it too! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deborah! What a great finish, and a great gift idea. I just know the recipients will enjoy this, and it's a unique gift too. I'm 100% certain they will not have a duplicate. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a beautiful tree skirt. I have one on my bucket list for this year as well. What a great gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful and I love using old sewing machines for my quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this pattern! I have to make a tree skirt for a May wedding and am going to use this design. Great finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks awesome, what a wonderful gift that is. LOVE the variety in your prints and how you offset the colors to create some very nice contrast! Congrats to you!
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete