Monday, February 18, 2019

Snow, RENT, and new fabric

Well, more snow.  More fluffy, white stuff:

Here is what my husband said this morning,"When you have to start shoveling off the tops of your snow piles to blow snow from the snowblower, then it is a lot." 

(Did I ever tell you what a wonderful guy he is!  He does all the snow blowing and lawn mowing. )

Here is how my grandchildren like it:

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, outdoor and nature


It has been a long and busy weekend. : We saw the school play of RENT.  I love the music and thought the kids did a really nice job.  It is a very mature subject with so many of the performers had solo features.
Image may contain: text

My spouse and I took a field trip today to the north of Milwaukee and  did some lunch and shopping.
Here was a cool tree that was under the eaves and had the icicles from the roof's dripping. Very unusual.

Image may contain: plant, tree and outdoor

Several nights and in the car I have been knitting. I think I have done about 45 rows since the last post.

No photo description available.

And I visited a quilt shop that has more brights colors.  I just had to have some spring prints to inspire me.


And then I bought the precut wool for the pattern of Wendy Williams that I already possess from a magazine. I didn't buy the pearl cotton,; it was another 60 dollars.


So I now have another project. And it should be fun!
Oh Christmas Tree Quilt-Pattern

7 comments:

  1. Your new stitching project looks fun. Ooh....that is a lot of snow but it looks as if your grandchildren are making the most of it. They do look as happy as "pigs in mud".

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes that is too much snow! love the tree.
    I have thought of buying a kit or two of Wendy Williams work but they are pricey - I really need to finish more first - but I do love that star and tree pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A new project endeavor is always inspiring. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning! Your next project looks colorful and fun. As does your knitting project - I love the gray interspersed with those lines of colors. ~smile~ Roseanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like your new project! I look forward to seeing your progress on that beauty. And your knitting is so pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new project! Very pretty! I'm ready for spring, we didn't get the snow, but we've had a couple of rounds with the ice and sleet.

    ReplyDelete