Sunday, September 8, 2019

Quilt Expo in Madison

I survived my first week of school.  It went well and we are off to a great start for the year. 
( Although my feet are very sore. Hmmm. not sure why?)

And this week was the Quilt Expo in Madison, Wisconsin. 
It has been going on since 2005, and I have attended every year  on Saturday except the 1st.
Who knew how great it would be then? 
Nancy Zieman of Nancy's Notions created this. What a wonderful legacy!

And here I am at the entrance!  
And prior to walking 6000 steps that day.


I can't say enough for the one hour lectures, quilts on display and fabulous vendors and vendors and vendors. Next year I will get to choose some half day sews or classes during the week. Can't wait!
I feel it is better than some of the national shows although I have only attended Rosemont and Paducah. There are so many volunteers from Public TV that make it run efficiently.

So I will reveal parts of the show during the week. 
Here is one of the displays on log cabin quilts. These were all small wall sized quilts.
I loved all of them and here are my favorites: 






4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilts - I can tell the Judges have really changed to multi-colored and scrappy quilts - I probably would not be able to compete since I am more traditional!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was just a small competition in memory of Nancy Zieman.

      Delete
  2. WOW, what pretty pretty quilts. If I were to pick a favorite, I think it would be the 3rd one. So much work involved in all of these quilts. Looks and sounds like you had a wonderful time. Do you wear a fitbit? Wondered since you mentioned your 6k day. I love mine and try to get goal daily (not the last two weeks with Vertigo). Currently my goal is 11.5K. I feel so much better when I can do my daily walking.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use my Samsung phone. It has calorie and water intake, exercise, records pulse, blood pressure and more. I understand vertigo, but only get it in waves. Hope it gets better for you:)

      Delete