Monday, September 16, 2019

Quilting and quilting

First I want to show you the rest of the quilts for the Quilt Expo in Madison from the 1st weekend in September.

Here is grand winner of them all: so inspiring!  Between the gorgeous quilting and the kaleidoscope designs, and even the different borders: Wow ! what a quilt! 



This one has beautifully embroidered Santas in the middle of each emblem.


This is just the center of another quilt. The very middle is a knitted doily that is tie dyed and cut to an unusual shape.



A grandmother created this design for the boy who wanted to become an astronaut. 
What a loving and inspiring gesture!


Second, I want to share the inspiration and fun I had this past weekend at my quilt retreat.

The best part to me is the location: it really is on a beautiful lake. I have seen all kinds of weather from snow to hot as summer, from raining to a beautiful sparkling sun on the lake. It is a camp, but having all of is in one room is so fun. Plus no cooking or cleaning.



Then, here are some of the quilting projects that I remembered to photograph: 

 This is such a bright and cheery one! She needs to add more rows, and then it has a small applique border.


This is an Edita Sitar quilt, but only the center. The designer has an refreshing blend of batiks and regular printed fabric in similar colors.


I love this Wisconsin pillow and even got the pattern to make.



This is the top I have put together for the beau of my daughter. The bright red print is a paisley for University of Wisconsin at Madison as he is a graduate from there. I am awaiting more paisley for the outside border. 

Two and a half days of uninterrupted time to work on projects.  I worked on others as well and will post more later this week.






2 comments:

  1. So much quilty goodness in this post. Very inspiring! I love the red, black, gray, and white color scheme of your quilt. I think your daughter’s beau will be quite pleased.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt you've got in the works for your daughters beau!

    ReplyDelete