Saturday, September 28, 2019

A week flies by

School is in full swing.  Grades are coming in for my students and that means vigilance for me. Algebra 2 is our hardest subject, not that we don't have APs and all kinds of other difficult classes.  But it is the hardest required subject. And I have many students needing support.

My school was rocked by hazing by our football team's seniors. It seems it has been going on for several years without our coaches knowing and despite instruction by the athletic director.  The appeals of the students and the suing by a parent are unfortunate and time consuming for our administration

So this week has been more tiring than anything else, and I have not gotten to the sewing machine since last weekend.


We went to an art/craft sale last weekend and saw this;



We as a family do so love the Muppets so I had to take a picture!

The only hand sewing I did was my last wool hexie for our round robin.  Here is the finished table topper.


And here is the block I made.


6 comments:

  1. Such a sweet little bird! It's adorable as well as beautiful as it takes its place in you lovely centrepiece. Well done. Hope next week is easier at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The table topper turned out really nice. Funny jeep. Some people are so creative. Can you imagine how many people have seen that and smiled. School sounds nasty right now. Hazing is a very bad thing, and very dangerous to many. Some kids have been killed as a result or taken their own life. Terrible. It's hard for me to believe the coaches didn't know though......just based on so much you see and hear in the news. It seems too many adults (men mostly) just look the other way. I hope they get things sorted out and your next week goes better.
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fear algebra was never my thing, either. Your little bird is so pretty. The finished table topper is a thing of great beauty. Each of the elements dance beautifully together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVED algebra! Math was my thing. English, on the other hand... not so much. Your wool hexies are so pretty. The motifs and colors just shine. Hopefully this week you can get to some sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A blue bird, so sweet. My momma always told me that bluebirds bring happiness, and I am sure your block will do just that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet blue bird! An all around lovely hexie project. I’m sorry you had such a tough week at work. I hope this week is better.

    ReplyDelete