Monday, September 9, 2019

September goal

My July/August goal setting worked out fairly well, if I do say so myself.
I selected 6 projects to work on and completed 3: my mini Kim Diehl QAL, my Christmas 9 patch block and the top to my grandson's big boy quilt. 

Three cheers for me!

So September goals:

1) Quilt top for daughter's boyfriend started before Christmas, but dropped when I knew I could not reach the deadline. These are the fabrics selected, and they are somewhat cut into strips for the Yellow Brick Road pattern by Terry Atkinson.    It is an easy scrap quilt or made from yardage and fat quarters.

And yes, he is a Wisconsin badger graduate. And his birthday is in October.

                 

2) 3 pillow cases for my grandsons, Jude and Jensen. These are both boy fabrics, trucks and dinosaurs. And the 3rd is for my mom which is blues and has butterflies. A lovely vibrant digitally printed fabric.

        


3) Prep and start handwork on last 2 blocks of Henrietta and pumpkins:

These are the completed blocks, but as you can see there are 2 missing ones.
I have the background almost pieced and some colors of wool selected.


This should be easy to do as I have a retreat next weekend: two wonderful fun filled days on a lake with friends.
I so wanted to join One Monthly Goal for the first time, but didn't get this done in time.  That will however, not prevent me from working towards completing these and maybe more.

3 comments:

  1. Your Henrietta Whiskers is looking so good! I love mine - although it was done in batiks and a show quilt so it is not used very much - Do not know who I am saving it for because I have not children or grand children! Maybe I will just take it with me! LOL! You are doing great on goals - keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see yours. I'll bet it is stunning. Batiks are so beautiful.

      Delete
  2. You have some great projects for September! Good luck and have fun!

    ReplyDelete