Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Hand stitching and stars


So I have been hand stitching on my Little Red Hen bakery snowmen. I have been using size 8 pearl cotton. 


And I also have been completing more star blocks for my exchange modifying the sizes. 

My first 6 inch block



  2nd 6 inch block

9 inch block 

And all of them together with the 12 inch one..


For those who asked about the pattern: this is the book I found the pattern in:
Sorry, And this is the pattern directions. 


Sorry, not a very good photo. 

So only 2 days of school this week and a long Thanksgiving weekend.  
We are starting a new tradition for our holiday: steak for 2, my husband and me.
It is very hard after having just our family for at least 7 years. But things change. 
My son and his family are in Louisiana; my daughter and her boyfriend are having Thanksgiving with his family. We will probably have a lasagna dinner or something on the weekend.

There is a lot to be thankful for!  This past year has had its rough patches. 
But there are so many good things in life. 
Treasure them!


Image result for thanksgiving images free


2 comments:

  1. Cute Snowman and interesting take on the Stars with the different fabrics! Happy Thanksgiving

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blocks. They are going to make a beautiful quilt. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete