Sunday, November 17, 2019

This and that


I have finally prepared some of my wool applique for the Little Red Hen Snowmen.  I chose the Japanese fabric as backgrounds and have different ones.




There are 2 more that I have traced onto SF101 to back the wool pieces. I really like this instead of fusibles. It doesn't gum up and it stables the weave of the wool. But I need to pun them down to sew them.  On the smaller pieces I used the tiny applique pins for the long fingerlike frosting drips, I used regular pins. I have ordered all the buttons to add: 100 of various sizes and colors from that quilt store. I even found some slightly cheaper pearl cotton at my LQS. 




Here are 2 blocks for our BOM at guild.  The center is a piece of cactus fabric. ( They are turned sideways. We were given paper to make the wonky sides. These are both greens, but the lighting makes it look so dull. These are about 7 inches. 

Then I even started on my exchange blocks for guild and won't need them till December.
I really liked this block. The owner wants red white and blue stars for a Quilt of Valor.
I am going to try to resize it for smaller ones. This one is 12 inches finished.




Lastly, after careful searching, I have found the quilt I want to make for Bea and Cecile's quilt along.
They are large blocks so I think it will be great to create a quilt with the blocks.

Winter Quilt 

I found this on my facebook feed, of all places. It is a free pattern from Quilter's cache, just recolored.
I think this will be my star quilt for the quilt along: pattern link for any of you who might also like it.
My colorway will be golds, reds, browns, and blacks.

Other than that, I am making some for my blocks for my exchange at guild. This month's are star blocks in red white and blue.  Easy enough.



4 comments:

  1. you have been busy and snow on the ground! guess it is cold up there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those snowmen are going to be very cute. Nice blocks, especially the one for the valour quilt, what is that block called? And your new project will be stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, those snowmen will be so cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to seeing your felt project. The pieces you've cut and prepped are adorable. Your new quilt is going to be a beauty. Thank you for the link.

    ReplyDelete