Saturday, November 9, 2019

November is here

I have always liked fall: the warm colors that remind you of comfort foods, the family holidays (Thanksgiving both Canadian and US) and my birthday.  Oh yeah, I should have said that first.
This year is truly strange: we still have snow.   And leaves. and cold. And it is only the first week of November not the last.

So two things have been on my mind.

One: Christmas.  I need to get things going.  I usually have a project or two started. And this year I need to mail to Louisiana. Yikes.

Two:  the more important in a quilter's mind are the two quilt along-s I want to participate in:

A) Bonnie Hunter's Frolic. 

 πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ŠThe colors just sing to me this year. And I really like how Jo Kramer has selected batiks to make them her link: Jo Kramer's selection process.  I keep saying I dislike her many seams at the intersections, but I love how the quilts turn out. I have completed 2 of them: Roll, roll Cotton bowl and EnProvence. So I am thinking batiks and that is as far as I have gotten.

B)  Bea et Cecile   Bea et Cecile Quilt along  I have also participated in the past 2 years. The first year was log cabin blocks Flowers around the cabin!   ( Blog post on the completion.)

 and last year's flowers. I used up some of my Fig tree fabrics. Or at least I cut up and appliqued some: the box still seems full.

 It's parameters are to make 2 blocks a week for January and February  ( total of 16) and then put it together in March and quilt it is April.  I think.
But I love the fact that it is international as the organizers are from France and there is a facebook group. This year's theme blocks are stars. No other restrictions.  I have been searching for what to make. So many ideas.
Here are the "instructions"https://patchworkinspirations.fr/   There is a translation button on the blog for those of us not fluent in French.

And besides that I am finally back to my sewing machine after a couple week hiatus.

Making some  quasi hunter star blocks for an exchange.  It was fun to select the colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment