Monday, March 2, 2020

Quilt show and a dozen stars

For my Bea et Cecile quilt along, I have my 16 stars done. 
One project done for February! Whew!
Now to assemble and quilt it!


Saturday I went with 2 friends to the first quilt show of the season. 
So inspiring and so fun to get away.  It was even up to the 40s for the weekend.

This quilt was in the back of a booth. All little pieces, but so pretty.
The owner of this store from Richfield, loves working with tiny pieces.


And here are several quilts from the show:
This is a famous building in downtown Milwaukee, the old gas company.
The flame at the top changes colors depending on the outside temperature.


This was a gorgeous Sue Spargo quilt. 
Love the black background and tiny polka dot binding.


And I loved this one.  
You normally see it in solids, but I truly was struck by the use of printed fabrics.



Then I went to a lecture on color and scrap quilts. This is Judy Gauthier from Ripon, Wisconsin.
Her store, Bungalow quilts has awesome bright fabrics. 
She also has 2 great scrap quilt books. She has a system with 3 1/2, 4 1/2 and 5 inch blocks 
So many samples, it was wonderful.



This one was from leftovers of a quilt.


Loved this scrap quilt top with the grunge gray background. 
This is only a section, but it was so striking. 

Of course, I made several purchases for some fabric and patterns.




1 comment: