Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Rainbow Scrap Challenge

 I am late to the game. And I hadn't started any colors until this week.  I was going to make the zig zag RSC from 2018.  But I just couldn't stomach the corners anymore.  So I started a new block.  

And I am really happy I did . I was interested in making a curved log cabin and found this link: https://slaneyhandcraft.wordpress.com/2017/11/30/dogwood-quilt-tutorial/  They have really good pictures but call it a dogwood quilt.   The colored strips were cut at 1 1/2 inches and the white strips cut at 1 inch. My individual block is also adapted to finish at 5 and 3/4 inches. I just left the final row off .   I am thinking of modifying the sizes to make smaller and larger ones . Hmmm.

I just made 4 blocks into a circle.   I started with yellow as that was February's color for the RSC quilt for socrappy. This is a teacher who posts a linky party every Saturday , has  a new block to make each month and they color changes month randomly.   



Then I raided my green scraps for March and made this block.




And since I was on a roll, I searched for pink scraps.  Surprisingly, I was able to find enough different pink fabrics to whip up this block as well. Many of them were 30s fabrics already cut into strips. 


I think they turned out swell and am going to make a few extra units for when I assemble them for a big quilt at the end of the year. 

Lastly, I made this shamrock for my tier tray using buttons and a few beads to fill the holes. 
I need to paint the wood square and glue the shamrock onto it. But is was a fun little project.
I have the greatest in house wood guy; he cuts, he sands, and he does so many things for me.  What a guy!


                                    


3 comments:

  1. I really like your scrap challenge blocks. These will make a nice quilt. Fun shamrock, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that block - it is one that I have told myself to remember as I had seen others make it - what size is the block

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shamrock GREEN button project? TOO cute!!!

    ReplyDelete